Labels

Popular Posts

Monday, July 18, 2011

Round 9 - Sachsenring

I'll start with a little mention of the last round, Mugello, for which I was in attendance. I have to say it was one of the best experiences I've ever had at a motorcycle event. To say the Italians are crazy is a massive understatement. Next to the Poggio Secco grandstand were I was sat, there was a full blown disco between two camper vans, with Italians off their faces dancing around in their trunks! Nuts! Needless to say VR46 is a god in these parts, if you've never been you simply have to whilst he's still around....

So it's Guten Tag Motorrad Grand Prix, Deutschland! The tight and twisty circuit surrounded by trees and mullets tends to provide good races and this one was no different. Stacey qualified on pole and painfully, Vale a virtual last. I've always liked Sylvan Guintoli !

The race was an exciting one for sure. The battle at the front was as hot as currywurst. Delicate Dani fought his way to the front and went on the take the win. Behind, Stacey and Jorge were battling for second, the latter won with a last bend 'miracle' pass, hardly Jorge. I think this race and the last we have seen Stacey, totally though no fault of his own (again) has chewed his rear tyre up. Notice after the races he always refers to his problems as 'We', when he should be saying 'I' !! I think he has acceptance issues!

The next three to cross the line were having a bit of a dust up. SuperSic has lost his Mojo a tad after what has gone on the past couple of months. He lost out to Dovi and Spies or Dull and Duller as I like to call them.

Another pack of three finished next. It was really good to see Alvaro Bautista showing some pace on the lone Suzuki. He was having a great battle with the Ducati's of Vale and Nicky and managed to come out the victor.

The Tech 3 Yamaha machine of Colin Edwards had a lonely race to round out the top 10. I am starting to fear for his team mate Cal Crutchlow. We all remember what happened to fellow Brit James Toseland. He also had a strong start but then hurt himself pushing on these unforgiving prototype beasts. I just hope Cal doesn't end up dating Katie Melua.

Next up its over the pond to America douche bags!! Look out for Ben Bostrum chasing Tiger Toni around the awesome Laguna Seca. . . .or around the paddock at least!




No comments:

Post a Comment