Labels

Popular Posts

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Simoncelli playing in the mud with Hirvonen



There was a lot of curiosity about how Marco Simoncelli would handle himself with four wheels, when he recently took the controls of Mikko Hirvonen's Ford WRC.  Revealing a little bit more about the experience was the Italian rider himself: "When my sponsor gave me this opportunity, I said yes immediately.  Driving a car is completely different to riding a bike, and unlike my tests on a MotoGP machine, I didn't feel any pressure.  I had a really good time.  When I was in the passenger seat for Mikko, I tried to understand the best way to drive and learn the lines, so hopefully I picked something up."

The Abu Dhabi World Rally Team driver also appreciated the MotoGP rider's ability: "Everything was new for Marco, since he never drove a WRC before and he isn't used to racing outside of a track with trees next to him.  We had fun and I was impressed by his driving."

source: GP One

No comments:

Post a Comment