Labels

Popular Posts

Saturday, October 1, 2011

De Puniet just misses third row after a promising run



Pramac Racing's Randy De Puniet clocked some very motivating lap times at the start of the qualifying session, but his final exit from the pits with new tires did not see the Frenchman lower his best lap time as expected. De Puniet will therefore start tomorrow’s race from the fifth row.

On the other side of the garage, Pramac teammate for this weekend, Damian Cudlin, was able to further improved his lap times to gain ground on the group and move into eighteenth position in front of Japanese rider Shinichi Ito. Tomorrow at 3pm local time is the Australian rider’s debut MotoGP race.

Marco Rigamonti - Randy De Puniet Track Engineer:
“We cannot find those 3 to 4 tenths of a second that would put us in much better position. The same thing happened in Aragon and we surely need to fix this. It’s really a shame because Randy has a very good race pace and starting tomorrow from the thirteenth place he will have to be very careful in the first few corners to avoid complications. Anyway, we hope to be luckier this weekend.”

Randy De Puniet:
"I tried to improve at the beginning of the second practice with used tyres, but nothing was working too well. So we decided to go back to this morning’s set up and we managed to improve straight away. The positive thing is that I can ride in the low 1’47”s all alone and this gives me good hopes for the race. I’ll certainly use soft tyres as with the hard one I don’t have the confidence to push more. Too bad I can’t manage to improve those 3 or 4 tenths of a second that would put me in third row.”

Damian Cudlin:
"I have to be happy with the progress we are making. It seems every time I sit on the bike we manage to lower our lap times. This was my target for the weekend. Now we are getting to the point where the improvement will be smaller and more difficult to find, but we are starting to look in some technical changes to help me. I still believe that most of the gap is still coming from me as I am still learning the bike and the track. For tomorrow my plan is just to continue to improve and get closer to the others. It would be nice to have some fights during tomorrow’s race, this is what I am aiming for."

Pramac Racing Team press release

No comments:

Post a Comment